Here’s the info you need on the Gala this weekend:
What to Remember for Saturday Night!
Walk if you can (East 37th), or carpool+park anywhere safely in the cemetery. Access points on Fraser (at East 39th), from East 41st (St. George). Google Map showing Mountain View Celebration Hall: http://ow.ly/6393309yYpu
As fancy as you like/dare! No need to panic or buy anything. But, hey, let’s just say a few ties are being worn, and some velvet and feathers.
Bring lots of $5s and your chequebook! Included with each entry are 2 drink tickets and 4 appie tickets. Extra tickets $5, as is the gift card ball. And we want chequebook for donations/auction items b/c it saves on Paypal fees.
What’s Happening When
7pm: Doors open! Come near 7 so you can get a drink + sample the food in the big Reception area, and a first look at the auction items in the beautiful Caradoc Room (there’s lots to see!)
7:20pm – Rob Weaver (Brock grandad!) and Laura Werth perform in the Caradoc room. Food, drink, photo room (in nook on east side of Reception room) open. View and bid on auction items. Imbibe!
(part of the auction will close in here, timing TBD – you can visit cashiers if you’ve won an items)
8:45pm – More jazz in the Caradoc room! Marcos Flo (Brock dad!) on bass, Cesar BenHur Madrigal on guitar, Juan David Encinales on drums.
9pm – Savory food stations close (so our fabulous sponsors can enjoy the evening!)
9:50pm – Auction closes. Visit cashiers. Please bring chequebook (saves Paypal fees). We will have 2 ipads available for credit card payments.
10pm – Event ends! Thanks to Glen H. of the Mountain View Celebration Hall for volunteering his time on a weekend to make our event a success.
Read over the list of items (this isn’t even all of them!) and the approximate value to get warmed up. Also – any friends who felt bad they couldn’t come but want to support Brock’s playground? Shop on their behalf! (They tell you their max price for an item, and you bid for them! Work it out by text on the night!)
Thank you so much to the amazing businesses and individuals who created and organized these items for us:
- Shark Club Beer+Appy Tasting menu for 8 $250
- Nomad $50
- Rocky Mountain Flatbread $30
- Famous Foods $20
- MyJos Kitchen gift cert $50
Health and Wellness
- Semperviva Yoga pass 6 months $675
- Eastside Fitness 3 month pass $220
- Distance Runwear package $300
- Moksha Yoga pass $168
- Nectar Yoga Hotel Bowen Island $150
- Rebecca Janke parenting session
- Vancouver Canucks tickets $400
- Mount Seymour Family Pack Ski Rentals and Tickets $300
- Whitecaps tickets $70
- BC Lions tickets $75
- Rob Weaver private “gig” $400
- Ballet BC tickets $120
- Bard on the Beach tickets $75
- Music on Main tickets $50
- Science World passes $81
- Birthday party at Collage Collage $180
- Birthday party at The Hive (climbing gym) $180
- Laser Dome pass (laser tag!) $50
- Grandview Lanes bowling passes $50
- EastSide TaeKwon Do 1 month of instruction $100 (adults OK too)
- Kidsbooks 2 x $50 gift cert.
- Jane Adams original painting “Kitsilano Spring” – 11″ x 14″ acrylic+ink.$800 janeadamsart.com
- Mercedes Benz for a weekend $675
- Northwest Seat Covers (custom, car) $250 (order online)
- Native Shoes – family 4 pack – $200 USD including shipping
- Bye Napolean Hair Services with Patti Brill $150
- MAC make up basket $120
- Native Shoes $100+
- Granville Island Toys $100+
- Jiffy Lube gift cert $100
- Everything Wine wine+crackers+cheese+chocolate gift basket $85
- Andrew Peller Wine gift basket $75
- Kissing Crows Cyclewy 3 x $60 tune ups
- Abbie’s Sports – amazing amount of stuff
- Belmondo products $80 approx.
- David’s Tea gift basket $50
- Bean Around The World $20
- Trafiq Cafés $31 x 2
- Book Warehouse 2 sets x $25+
Looking forward to seeing you all and a big thank you to event/food/beverage sponsors: Glen Hodges (cemetery manager), Simon Cotton (Brock parent, The Reef Restaurant), Sonia Strobel (Brock parent, Skipper Otto’s Community Supported Fishery skipperotto.com), Jasleen Chahal (Brock parent, My Jo’s Kitchen), Faculty Brewing (beer sponsor), Brennan Cook (Rouleur Development Group, part wine sponsor), Nesters Market on Main (Manager Adam + made possible by everyone donating points to Brock).
Want to Help More? See donate button right side of this screen!
Questions – email@example.com
Thank you for supporting our event and helping make a new play space for the many families in the East 33rd and Main Street area.
Lara, Cassie, Dani and team of volunteers who’ll be working that night